12 May 2008

Packing






















I'm in the middle of packing up my things to put in storage while I'm spending the summer in Antwerp, Belgium.  There's a lot to do but I had to take a break from packing boxes and turn to packing my suitcase.  What do you bring for a three month stay in one of the most fashionable cities in the world?  Belgian clothes of course.

I recently got new Globe-Trotter luggage after I saw them in an editorial photo spread.  I had never heard of the company before but I wanted something simple and black with wheels to bring with me to Tokyo and I really liked the design, as well as the heritage of the luggage company.  However, I wanted to customize my luggage a bit, especially after seeing the luggage everywhere in Tokyo, so I decided to brand them with a stencil.

A friend of mine who owns a sign shop, Sign On, made the stencils based on my font layout and I sprayed them on the cases.  I had a little problem with bleeding on the large case (the paint started to react with the vinyl) but overall I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  Now people will really think I'm wheeling around instruments.

No comments: