12 August 2008

DIScourse - Antwerp

Today is my last day in Antwerp.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!

I spent Thursday in Bruges and on Friday evening I went to Bristol, England to visit friends for the weekend.  I'll write more about this when I return to the US.

Yesterday I returned to Belgium at 10:00 only to run into a baggage handlers strike at the airport.  I ended up not leaving the airport until 17:00!  After six hours I finally filed out the lost luggage forms and was going to leave but it was 16:10 and the bus to Antwerp leaves on the hour.  So, I sat down and after about ten minutes the words "THE HOUSE OF DIS" caught my eye.  I couldn't believe it.  My luggage had finally made it out of the basement.  It was supposed to arrive on Belt 2 but ended up coming out on Belt 7 so it was pure luck/fate that I happened to sit down across from Belt 7 (in a completely different part of the terminal).  

Today I'm at the office for part of the day to mail out a box to clothes to the US, check my mail, say my good byes and clean out my desk.  I'm still not sure what my future is going to be at Theo but I am hoping that I can at least continue to do some freelance work with them.

Tomorrow I have to catch a train from Antwerp to Schiphol in Amsterdam at 07:00 for my 10:30 flight back to Portland.  I'm glad that it's a direct flight because I'm not looking forward to hauling my luggage around.