25 January 2008

Daily DIScription

It's Friday and here's my second entry into my daily journal. I'm on a role.

It's been really cold outside (in Portland terms anyway) but it's really nice and sunny which is some of my favorite weather. It allows me to wear sweaters and layer my clothes and it gives me an excuse to wear sunglasses.

Today I'm wearing the boots and pants I got on a trip to in NYC in October, 2001, shortly after being laid off. I haven't worn the boots in awhile but they started off completely white, covered in house paint, and with each wear a little more black is revealed as the paint cracks off. I was told Alexander McQueen had just purchased a pair, though I've never seen him wearing them.

The pants are referred to as my 401k pants, because after being laid off from NBBJ I was stuck with this 401k account that I wasn't sure what to do with but once I saw these pants I decided they were more important than my retirement (an idea I still stand by). Anyway, after paying the taxes for releasing the funds prior to my 65th birthday the pants took all but a few pennies of my "savings".

In case you are curious the badge (button, pin) on my jacket is a give-away from the Ann Demeulemeester store in Antwerp. It's a photograph of a wall sculpture in the store.

FYI - I might not post Saturday's picture until Sunday depending on what I do and where I am tomorrow. I may also post a Friday Part II photo since I'm going out tonight and will probably need to change.


25 January 2008

            • White (painted) over black leather zip boots (Margiela)
            • Black, grey and grey striped socks (Muji)
            • Black leather jean cut pants (Demeulemeester)
            • White modified v-neck cotton t-shirt (Me)
            • White cotton long sleeve button up shirt (Margiela)
            • Grey wool/polyamide/cashmere cable knit sweater (Demeulemeester)
            • Black cotton/poly denim jacket (Demeulemeester)
            • Black mirrored sunglasses (Theo)














After I got home I took a nap and then got ready for the evening: a party at Stumptown, readings at Someday Lounge (Skye's public reading debut) and dancing at Fez. I ended up walking by Stumptown and it didn't look like anything was going on so I headed to Someday Lounge which turned out to be perfect timing since Skye went on stage minutes after I arrived. The readings (to celebrate the 50th issue of the Believer magazine) were very good. After the final reading I walked to a friends to have drinks before going to Fez. Fez was pretty crowded and there were some problems with the sound, but overall I had a good
time. I left the club with a couple friends and for the first time in probably ten years I ate Taco Bell food (something I ate a lot of in high school). It was not disgusting but it was far from good and I am sure it will be another ten years (at least) before I eat there again.

25 January 2008 (evening)
            • Black and white suede and leather low-top sneakers (adidas)
            • Black leather jean cut pants (Demeulemeester)
            • Grey cotton Patti Smith concert t-shirt
            • White on white cotton striped long sleeve button up asymmetrical shirt with black print (Demeulemeester)
            • Black cotton jean jacket with white stitching and snaps (Demeulemeester)
            • Black leather wide cuff (Hermes)

No comments: