27 January 2008

Daily DIScription

Yesterday I wasn't able to get to a computer so the following is what wore yesterday as well as what I'm wearing today.

Saturday I didn't wake up until very late in the day. It rained pretty much the whole day and was pretty cold but not cold enough for snow or ice (I'm waiting for the snow). When I finally did get dressed it was time to get ready for the Crispin Glover Big Slide Show and It is Fine! Everything is Fine event.

I met a friend for drinks and dinner at the Savoy before the screening. I had fried cheese curds for the first time ever. They were good but not too different from fried mozzarella. The "old fashioned" at the Savoy was good as was the vegan garden burger.

As always Crispin Glover's Big Slide Show was very entertaining and funny (the sound was very flat though) and his new film I felt was more accessible than his previous film What is It? I had mixed feelings about the film in general but at least it was something new.

26 January 2008

            • Black leather oxfords with white stitching detail (Demeulemeester)
            • Black wool and steel pants (Demeulemeester)
            • Black cotton tank top (Hanro)
            • Black cotton long sleeve 3/4 button up shirt with knit hem (van Noten)
            • Black wool v-neck sweater with one silver lurex sleeve (from Japan)
            • Black wool tie with red silk kimono lining, custom (Adam Arnold)
            • Black wool and nylon reversible 3 button jacket (Final Home)
            • Black leather gloves with silk lining, wrist wrap detail (some designer from Japan)
            • Black matte finish asymmetrical glasses (Theo)













Today I woke up listening to This American Life and then spent the rest of the morning taking pictures and notes for things I am going to be posting on ebay. It's not currently raining but it's not snowing either and they promised snow. Why do weather forecasters always lie? Anyway, I'm at the Ace Hotel and will post things on ebay right after I finish this.


27 January 2008

            • Bronze metallic leather velcro Stan Smiths (adidas)
            • Multi-colored wool tweed straight leg slacks, custom (Adam Arnold)
            • Black cotton t-shirt with white hand print (Demeulemeester)
            • Bone wool and alpaca asymmetrical zip cardigan (Demeulemeester)
            • Clear frames with black scribble print (Theo)



4 comments:

Red Shoes said...

I LOVE this look. The sweater is unbelievable and the color palette really does it for me. Gorgeous.

DIS said...

thanks. it's my version of the college professor look.

Anonymous said...

Dis!!! you said that you don't like beige!!:))I feel so disappointed ;D hihi I will keep leaving comments here cause EN turned to some circus:) I love teh collection of your frames:))))

DIS said...

I said I hate beige? I don't like brown shoes.

I'm more into black, grey and red, but beige (off white, cream, winter white, etc) has it's place, as long as it's not some bad wrinkly linen suit.

Can you spot the gnomes?