09 February 2008

Daily DIScription

My first day of freedom!

I pretty much was in bed from when I got home yesterday after being laid off so I got up unusually early for a Saturday (still not early in most peoples opinion).
After showering and shaving I got dressed and rode to the post office to mail my last bit of ebay stuff off to France. After the post office I went to the Ace Hotel and had coffee at Stumptown, where I met a friend who is stopping through on her way to Canada.

09 February 2008

            • Black leather lace-up boots with round toe (Demeulemeester)
            • Black wool/cotton socks (Wolford)
            • Black wool/ramie short pants with button hem (Demeulemeester)
            • Black leather belt with shoe-string tie (Demeulemeester)
            • Black cotton extra long sleeve t-shirt with black crow print (Demeulemeester)
            • Greyish-brown cotton velvet jacket with wired lapel [so you can bend it into shapes] (Edge by Rupert)
            • Black wool loose weave scarf (Yamamoto)
            • Black and transparent square asymmetrical frames with "chewed" temples and polarized lenses (Theo)










Tonight I'm going to see a show at Rotture: Dimi Dero, Tex Napalm and Anthony S. Malat. I'm meeting a fellow Neubauten supporter for drinks before the show and may go to dinner with my friend that's visiting prior to drinks.


3 comments:

Red Shoes said...

I'm so sorry that you got laid off. My wife has just gotten news that she is also to be laid off in a very short time. It's distressing and difficult and I'm really sorry that you have been through it repeatedly.

In other news, your going out look is great.

DIS said...

Oh thanks. Sorry to hear about your wife's job. I have to say that in a way I've become used to getting laid off. It's never good, but things happen for a reason and I was pretty much over my job there after the first month, so the fact I made it 16 months is surprising.

Now I am just waiting to hear back from MIT to see if I'm going to land in Boston or New York this spring.

Anonymous said...

Dustin,
Im totally serious about moving to rainy IRE..there's so much work in here and they simply have no people to work..-as a result- the salaries are quite nice and you really do not have to worry about losing your job-unless of course you really want to change it:))))If you want- I can email you some contacts to agencies or directly to people in good companies:)
Time to make this next step:)))
Hugs
A