08 February 2008

Daily DIScription

I forgot my SD card at work so I couldn't take a photo this morning. So, it looks like I'll have to post images of today's outfit tomorrow.

Last night after taking a nap and "practicing" bass and guitar, I got a call from a friend and we decided to meet. We were on our way to a gallery show (to meet other friends) when we ran into them on their way out of the gallery. The four of us wanted to get a drink some where, but since Apotheke closed in October, we haven't had anyplace to go. We ended up going back to my apartment for bourbon and chocolate, since I had just bought a bottle of Jefferson's single barrel Kentucky bourbon.

We talked and listened to some music: Velvet Underground, Imaad Wasif, Murcof and Shout at the Devil by tley Crüe (of all things!). So, the night ended listening to Bastard and saying goodbye.

08 February 2008 (the lay-off ensemble)

            • Black suede and rubber adicolor crooked tongue trainers (adidas)
            • Black wool straight leg slacks (Demeulemeester)
            • Grey cotton t-shirt (American Apparel)
            • Grey and white cotton striped "western style" button up shirt with small floral print (Margiela)
            • Heather grey wool/linen zip sweater vest with leather pull (Demeulemeester)
            • Greyish beige wool/cotton coat (Demeulemeester)
            • Black rubberized frames (Theo)












At approximately 4:15 today, I was informed that I had been laid off. That makes 3 of the 5 jobs I've had in Portland, I've been laid off from. One of the jobs I quit I would have been laid off from within a month or two if I had stuck around. I wasn't too surprised by the layoff, because it had been extremely slow for the last couple of months but I thought I had a little more time. So, farewell WPH. Hello future.


Needless to say I don't think I'll be going out tonight.

No comments: