15 February 2008

Daily DIScription

Well, today rounds up my first week of unemployment. So far, so good.

Yesterday I got a lead to potential job in Antwerp designing optical frames for Theo! This is somewhat a dream job, in that it would allow me to move to Antwerp (something I've wanted to do for a very long time) and it would allow me to get out of the interiors/architecture field. I have exclusively bought Theo frames for the last 11 years, so I feel I understand the aesthetic. I've also already been to the head quarters and know a bit about the owners. I'm sure it's something that will take a while to get figured out but the fact that I got the email from someone close to the owner is a good sign.

However, this does pose a conflict since I am still waiting to hear back from MIT about my graduate application. I really do want to go back to school and further my education as well as learn a whole new set of skills, but a move abroad seems like an opportunity not to pass up. I have a million scenarios swimming around my head.

Last night I went to see the stop motion animated film, Blood Tea & Red String with a friend of mine (his Valentine date was too busy with a school project to come along). It's a film I've known about for awhile (MySpace is good for something I suppose) but this was the first screening of the film in Portland (to my knowledge). As it turns out the film maker now lives in Portland, which was good to hear.

After the film we went to the Savoy for dinner and drinks. I ordered the same drink I had last time I was there but it was completely different this time (not as good, but strong). My friend and I hadn't really seen each other in awhile so it was good to catch up on some things. He is going to work on a design (based on one of his paintings) for a tattoo I want to get on my forearm.

I'm back at the Ace (after having been at a different cafe the last two days) and getting ready to send off some resumés for jobs (to meet the unemployment office expectations).

No plans for tonight at this point in time.


15 February 2008

            • Silver customed leather oxfords with velcro strap and squarish toe (Bikkembergs/me)
            • Black cotton denim jeans with white stitching (Demeulemeester) - I was getting ready to ride my bike to the coffee shop which explains why the right leg is rolled up higher than the left.
            • Off-white asymmetrical cotton t-shirt with black circular arrow print (Demeulemeester)
            • Black cotton button up cardigan (van Noten)
            • Black silk/wool blazer (Demeulemeester)
            • Silver, brass and feather charm necklace (Demeulemeester)
            • Silver leather cap (Demeuleemeester)
            • Transparent plastic frames with scribble print (Theo)













14 February 2008

            • Black leather winklepickers (Demeulemeester)
            • Black wool/cotton flat front straight leg pants (Demeulemeester)
            • Beige cotton tank top (Adam Arnold)
            • White cotton long sleeve button up shirt with French cuffs and partially detached collar (Demeulmeeter)
            • Silver "safety pin" cuff links (a British company)
            • Black cotton SIN t-shirt (Demeulemeester)
            • Black leather box pendant (Demeulemeester)
            • Black titanium and plastic mirrored glasses (Theo)

No comments: